“In this part of the story I am the one who dies, the only one, and I will die of love because I love you, because I love you, Love, in fire and in blood.”
― Pablo Neruda, 100 Love Sonnets
Kyatari Ahkalylia Sarrazin is the oldest child and daughter between Benjamin Sarrazin and his first wife Amara Nasari, and is the older sister to Sara, Nico and James. She is also the older half-sister to Rachel.
Kya is married to Kirlosi Sylan d'Oshi and have one son together named Tahir and are planning to have another child.
Death of her Mother
Despite being the eldest of her parents children, she isn't at all serious and in reality is quite free-spirited and rather eccentric in both personality and choice in clothing. She can be serious and responsible at times but also enjoys joking around and teasing others. Labeled by her father to have been rambunctious as a child, Kya is attentive and loving to those close to her, as well as having a perceptive and keen mind. Although she can harbor some resentment toward individuals, she generally maintains a friendly and caring demeanor and is compassionate toward same-sex couples, even though she does not publicize her own sexual preference.
Kya also tends to retain a cool and clear head during times of distress but can become "as unpredictable as a raging river" while around her family, despite often mediating conflict between her the members.
Kya is an extremely attractive young women in her late twenties with deep caramel skin, curly black skin, and deep yellowish pink round eyes with short eyelashes, high cheekbones, and full lips. She mostly wears her hair loose and free which sometimes gives it a afro-like height, though when she was introduced she wore her hair in dreadlocks and the dyed them lavender. Kya has an athletic yet curvaceous body with a large booty and small breasts.
From her Bao genes, Kya inherited a lysao that is located at the base of where her neck and head meet, pink bioluminescent markings located mostly on her shoulders and knees, no belly button, her sweat is pink and has pupil-less eyes.
- In the center of her chest Kya has a butterfly tattoo.
- She has a tattoo on the front of her left leg of a spider and rose being pierced by a dagger.
Powers and Abilities
Baoian-Human hybrid physiology - Kya is half-Baoian and half-Human, meaning she possesses a lysao that is an extension of her nervous system, has civetone and barium oxide-based blood, freckle-like pink bioluminescent markings on her body, and pupil-less eyes.
- Bonding via Lysao - Through her Lysao she can connected to an animal or to another person she can become bonded to the other emphatically and telepathically but only when the Lysao is connected to another leaving little pieces of themselves in the animal or person. This only applies to other Bao and the flora and fauna native to Bao.
- Pheromone Generation - Despite being only half Baoian, Kya out of all of her siblings possesses powerful pheromones on part with other full blooded Bao. Kahinastated "Kya looks human but has the perfume of a pure Bao".
- Enhanced Reflexes - Kya has also proven herself to be nimble; she was able to jump over a speeding motorcycle while kicking the rider off, still managing to land gracefully, and also dodged an attack by a (*&*) sentry before stunning him in one fluid motion.
Earth Manipulation - Kya can create, shape and manipulate earth and "earthen" elements including most solid objects, specifically all minerals and mineral compositions regardless of their state (mountain, boulder, sand or dust), dirt, soil, etc. More advanced users can manipulate metals such as iron, copper and titanium.
- Metal Manipulation - Kya can shape and manipulate metal, a solid material (an element or compound) that is typically hard, shiny, and features good electrical and thermal conductivity. Metals are generally malleable they can be hammered or pressed permanently out of shape without breaking or cracking as well as fusible (able to be fused or melted) and ductile (able to be drawn out into a thin wire).
- Hand-to-Hand Combat - Kya is highly proficient in hand-to-hand combat. From a young age, her father enrolled her in the best self-defense classes there were, so she would be able to protect herself.
- Acrobatics - Since a child she was always active and often did mid-air somersaults and cartwheels to get place to place even if it was in the middle of the night to get the bathroom much to the humor of her mother and the slight annoyance of her father. She later developed remarkable acrobatic abilities, which allowed her to join the (*&*) circus and perform high-wire acts with balance and grace. Because of this, she was fast and agile in battle, able to outmaneuver almost any opponent she came across and jump exceptionally high and far, even from a stationary position. She was also limber; able to twist, bend, and contort herself into positions nearly impossible for an ordinary person to achieve. These abilities also granted her impressive parkour and free-running skills, allowing her to scale almost any surface or terrain quickly and squeeze through most barriers and small spaces with noticeable ease.
- Electrified Gloves - Kya wears a pair of lightweight electroshock weapon that delivers a powerful electrical shock capable of rendering any individual unconscious. The gloves also proved to be an effective way to take down armored officers, whose attire is otherwise impervious to (*&*).
- Mini-Crossbow - To overcome her range disadvantage she uses a mini-crossbows with injector vials filled with her distilled pheromones to inject potential victims through piercing there skin. Kya has a natural aptitude for the ways of crossbow and arrow, being able launch multiple arrows. She can reload the weapon rapidly and efficiently, even with heavy mechanisms.
- Injector Vials - Filled with distilled pheromones connected to injectors, Kya uses her crossbow to shoot her victims to incapacitated them without killing them.
- Kyatari Ahkalylia (pronounced KYa-TAHR AH-cai-Y-Lae) is considered her full first name in Baoian tradition, and her full name means "pure companion, gift of the father".
- Kya is from a African origin meaning "sky diamond" or "diamond in the sky". Kya is a term used when referring to an indistinguishable time and is also used as a unit of time to denote length of time before the present.
- Sarrazin means "Saracen" in Old French, a name used to refer to Arab Muslims in the Middle Ages. It was probably used as a nickname for an unruly person, a person with a dark complexion, or for someone who had taken part in a Crusade.