“The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
Nico Shkalri Sarrazin is the third child and youngest daughter between Benjamin Sarrazin and Amara Nasari, and is the younger sister to Kyatari and Seraj and is the older sister to James. She is also the older half-sister to Rachel.
Nico was murdered by (*&*-*&*) a member of the (*&*) in 2???. Her brother James would eventual have a daughter named Nico Amara and named her and there deceased mother.
Death of Mother
Life on Palladian Station
Death and Impact
Nico is a quietly reserved, intelligent, studious girl, much different from her oldest, more rambunctious sister. Out of Benjamin and Amara's four children, she is the calmest and most mature. However, she does like to tease her siblings from time to time, causing JJ to perceive her as "mean and bossy".
Although still young, Nico displays a great amount of courage. Despite her usually calm demeanor, Nico has shown an assertive side to her when standing up for herself and her beliefs. Nico was also a very curious and observant, as she was often praised and scolded by (*&*) for involving herself in cases he was having trouble and also maintained a distant and didn't overly involve herself with other people's business.
Similar to her sisters, Nico has smooth caramel skin, long black hair that much like Sara has her hair styled in different types of braids, almond shaped grayish purplish pink colored eyes with long eyelashes unlike her siblings Nico has pupils but they are much smaller then a human typical pupil and her's cannot dilate. Nico has a more of a thinner muscular body that lacks the womanly figure that Kya and Sara possess. When she was a teenager and first moved to Palladian Station she wore her hair in finger waves.
From her Bao genes, Nico inherited a lysao that is located at the base of where her neck and head meet, pink bioluminescent markings located on her collarbone, shoulder blades, and from her ribcage down to her knees, no belly button, and her sweat is pink.
Powers & Abilities
Baoian-Human hybrid physiology - Kya is half-Baoian and half-Human, meaning she possesses a lysao that is an extension of her nervous system, has civetone and barium oxide-based blood, freckle-like pink bioluminescent markings on her body, and pupil-less eyes.
- Bonding via Lysao - Through her Lysao she can connected to an animal or to another person she can become bonded to the other emphatically and telepathically but only when the Lysao is connected to another leaving little pieces of themselves in the animal or person. This only applies to other Bao and the flora and fauna native to Bao.
- Pheromone Generation - Nico despite being only a half Baon, can produce pheromones on parted to her sisters Kya pheromones which according her grandmother Kahina where strong enough to be on part with a full-blooded Baon.
- Seismic Sense - Nico learned how to use Seismic Sense when she was a child personally by her grandmother Kahina, this ability enables Nico to detect vibrations in the ground to perceive objects, people, and other aspects of their environment, essentially acting as sonar, but through earth and metal.
Earth Manipulation - Nico can create, shape and manipulate earth and "earthen" elements including most solid objects, specifically all minerals and mineral compositions regardless of their state (mountain, boulder, sand or dust), dirt, soil, etc. More advanced users can manipulate metals such as iron, copper and titanium.
- Skilled Marksman - As one of Benjamin's daughter, Nico is skilled in the use of firearms.
- Skilled Investigator - Nico has always been an inquisitive and observant individual, to the point she wanted to be a private detective as a child. This inquisitive observant nature was also the cause of her death when she figured out who was sabotaging the station.
- Expert Piloting Skills - Nico was a capable pilot, enough to impress (*&*) on multiple occasions, particularly during the insertion and extraction of other members of the crew on the ground without damaging the ship.
- Guitar -
- Baseball bat - Before she had a phaser, Nico often carried a baseball bat to protect herself in cases where she would need to protect herself, though her father attempted to prevent her from doing claiming "It make's you look like a hooligan".
- Phaser Gun - Nico carries a Type 2 Phaser in a holster strapped onto her right thigh. Her's is specifically a Mintakan phaser that was gifted to her by her sister-in-law Sylan d'Oshi as an eighteenth birthday present.
- Nico Shkalri (pronounced Ny-ko SiH-cai-ree) is considered her full first name in Baoian tradition, and her full name means "tranquil child blossom of hope". Shkalri is also known as the Baoian version of both of a lotus and a rose, and was Amara's favorite flower and the national flower of the Southern Continent.
- Nico is the short form of Nicholas which is from the Greek name Νικόλαος (Nikolaos) meaning "victory of the people", derived from Greek νίκη (nike) meaning "victory" and λαός (laos) meaning "people". Saint Nicholas was a 4th-century bishop from Anatolia who, according to legend, saved the daughters of a poor man from lives of prostitution. He is the patron saint of children, sailors and merchants, as well as Greece and Russia. He formed the basis for the figure known as Santa Claus (created in the 19th century from Dutch Sinterklaas), the bringer of Christmas presents.
- Sarrazin means "Saracen" in Old French, a name used to refer to Arab Muslims in the Middle Ages. It was probably used as a nickname for an unruly person, a person with a dark complexion, or for someone who had taken part in a Crusade.
- Nico is also associated with the Ten of Swords.
- She prefers the pronunciation of NEE-ko then Nyi-ko.
- She was named after the German singer Nico.
- Her hobbies are practicing her marksmanship, reading detective novels, painting and writing.
- Nico's favorite meal is green chili chicken curry with steamed lempies and stir-fried rice, with a glass of soda water with a lemon slice.
- Unlike her older sisters and dad, Nico cannot sing.
- She also like playing instruments and own a guitar that James would later learn to play and use after her death.