“You killed her because, finally, when you could have saved her, when you could have gone away with her, when you could have been thinking about her, you were thinking about yourself... It is in this blazing moment that you finally understand the trap of the dark side, the final cruelty of the Sith, because now your self is all you will ever have.”
― Matthew Stover
Sylena Ilyssa Aynokion more commonly known as Sylena Ilyssa of Lys, also known as Her Royal Highness, Queen Sylena Ilyssa of Lys from 2736 to 2742 as Her Excellency, Senator Sylena Ilyssa of Lys from 2743 until her death and as Sylena Aynokion Sepher after her marriage) is the oldest daughter and child between Zegrus Aynokion and Klyomistra Lepre, and is the older twin sister to Hylios. She is the older sister to Kassian, triplets Ammyana, Chyoni, and Bydeia, Eurus, and Memmon.
She is the mother of twins herself, named Marcelina and Pallas from her secret marriage to (*&*) Knight Aidoneus Sepher. Her daughter would be forced into becoming the Daimon of Anima and would rename herself Mars Aysara to distance herself from the life she couldn't have.
Early Political Career
Death of her mother and Becoming Queen
Later become Ambassador and Marriage
Powers and Abilities
Le Moribond - Sylena had a manipulator-type Arcana, that allowed her to manipulate and generate the light surrounding herself and other's. But due to pacifist nature, her Arcana was considered very weak and unusable because of this.
- Light Manipulation - Sylena can create, shape and manipulate visible light, commonly referred to as light, is electromagnetic radiation that is visible to the human eye, and is responsible for the sense of sight. Primary properties of visible light are intensity, propagation direction, frequency or wavelength spectrum, and polarization, while its speed in a vacuum (299,792,458 meters per second/186,000 MPS) is one of the fundamental constants of nature. Visible light, as with all types of electromagnetic radiation (EMR), is experimentally found to always move at this speed in a vacuum.
- Enhanced Durability - Sylena was quote durable in her time as a Politician due to being involved in many assassination attempts could take numerous blows of internal or external assaults before succumbing to the effects. Sylena can withstand bullets, grenades and low to medium explosives, survive falling from the top of tall buildings and building collapse, withstand beatings from stronger individuals and take getting beaten with steel rods and bars.
- Sensory Tracking - Sylena possessed the rare ability to sense mana-users and locate other people and objects by focusing on them, allowing them to find their location and sense their environment.
- Sylena is a variant on the name Selena which is the latinized form of Selene meaning "moon" in Greek. This was the name of a Greek goddess of the moon, a Titan. She was sometimes identified with the goddess Artemis.
- Ilyssa is a variant of Elissa which is of an unknown meaning (possibly Phoenician in origin). This is another name of Dido, the legendary queen of Carthage.
- Elissa is a variant of Elisa which is a short form of Elizabeth which is from Ἐλισάβετ (Elisabet), the Greek form of the Hebrew name אֱלִישֶׁבַע ('Elisheva') meaning "my God is an oath", derived from the roots אֵל ('el) referring to the Hebrew God and שָׁבַע(shava') meaning "oath". The Hebrew form appears in the Old Testament where Elisheba is the wife of Aaron, while the Greek form appears in the New Testament where Elizabeth is the mother of John the Baptist.
- Ilyssa is the variant transcription of the name Alyssa a variant of Alicia which is another form of Adelaide means "noble type", from the French form of the Germanic name Adalheidis, which was composed of the elements adal "noble" and heid "kind, sort, type". It was borne in the 10th century by Saint Adelaide, the wife of the Holy Roman emperor Otto the Great. In Britain the parallel form Alice, derived via Old French, has historically been more common, though this form did gain some currency in the 19th century due to the popularity of the German-born wife of King William IV, for whom the city of Adelaide in Australia was named in 1836.
- Alyssa has probably been influenced by that of the alyssum flower, the name of which is derived from Greek ἀ (a), a negative prefix, combined with λύσσα (lyssa)meaning "madness, rabies", since it was believed to cure madness.
- Aynokion comes form Aenocyon Dirus which is the genius name for the direwolf. It literally means "dreadful, terrible" in Latin.
- Sylena is associated with the Queen of Staffs.
- Sylena had a blood oath with her sisters Ammyana, Chyoni and Bydeia.
- Sylena is associated with the color light green.
- Le Moribond is a song more commonly known by it's English name Seasons in the Sun by Belgian singer-songwriter Jacques Brel.