“He promised us that everything would be okay. I was a child, but I knew that everything would not be okay. That did not make my father a liar. It made him my father.”
― Jonathan Safran Foer
He got sick before the start of the series and died before he could see his children graduated from Sirrah Academy.
Early Life and Slavery
Marriage and Fatherhood
Being a Sykur Qudshian
Personality and Appearance
Powers and Abilities
Qudshu Physiology - Syletsu was a male Qudshu a distant relative to both Myrgans and Baon with an enhanced condition, a tail and green blood.
- Enhanced Endurance - Syletsu can endure physical stresses beyond the capabilities of the greatest humans enabling them to do things such as operating on a "low power setting" (being able to operate efficiently for extended amounts of time), holding their breath for large periods, remain calm through stressful or painful situations, tolerate extreme hunger, unbearable thirst, and strong urges to sleep.
- Mind Entering - Qudshu have the ability to enter another person's dream with their tails. To do this, the end of their tail opens like a flower which they then put on the intended target's head before entering the person's mind. Syletsu was a master of this as he taught his children his techniques and helped trained them mentally so that they didn't get overwhelmed by other's minds.
- Memetic Aura - Syletsu can utilize a memetic aura. This ability can make others forget what they are doing, where they are, who they were, leading to complete memory loss, cause targets to become subservient to the user, give others false beliefs of reality and cause insanity. He used this to protect his family when he was alive and often did this on fellow Qudshans he or his children came in contact with.
- Syletsu means "prosperity" and is of Qudshan origin, and his "surname" is Oro which in Modern Qudshun means "exiled, failing, or philistine".
- His hobbies were spending time with his family, helping his wife, and mediating.
- His favorite meal was anything his wife Diaya made.
- Syletsu was a notoriously bad cook but was a happy to be a guinea pig for his wife and children's new recipes.
- He was really good with money and haggling with people.
- Like Asla, he hates insects.
- Syletsu has a habit of touching his chin with his left hand when he is hiding something. He passes this on to his children who do this as well.